CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday, It's a 5.8 Earthquake

Yeeha! The long awaited shaker has finally hit. All my friends on the east coast wondered about my sanity in wanting to move to an earthquake zone. It was not bad at all. In fact, this brought back to mind my Guam days. Now that was an earthquake!

This one hit at 11:42 am while I was working on my computer. I thought this was unusual since in Guam we could hear it. It sounded like a semi-truck passing on the highway. There was no sound, just my table started swaying, then my walls. I put out my hand thinking to hold up the book shelf then reminded myself to run outside. I stood in the doorway not wanting to run under the swaying cement stairs. Soon it was over and Steve called to be assured all was well on the home front.

Amy, my friend from Texas, called to make sure all was well. She is our sweet newly wed. She and David had a great time on their honeymoon.

No comments: