CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Master Story Teller

What is the secret to jokes and storytelling? Indeed there are many elements to successful tales, but one of the most important is timing. My dad has got to be a master. Even things that are not particularly funny are gut-splitting funny when my dad says them. In fact, he finds funny things and works out the perfect senario for the joke. Let me give you one example, while taking my mom out for Japanese for her birthday, my dad asked my good looking hubby if Chinese people use throw away chopsticks in China.

He replied, "Certainly, and they have cleverly learned how to repackage them". Ok, I have to admit that in super-sensitive to hygene America, the thought of second hand chopsticks is pretty gross to me. Any one interested in this business model? I mean I have reusable wooden ones and plastic ones that go in the dishwasher, but still, that is weird to me to have the cheap one reused.

Enough on my chopstick opinions...I was thankful for a washing machine at my nephews and decided that a grand finale washing before heading back to LA was in good order before I am back to the laundry mat living. I asked around if anyone had anything to wash. Everyone contributed a shirt or socks or unmentionable items for a last washing. I was loading the dark colored cloths and grabbed my dads sweatshirt. Guess what fell out of the sleeve? Yep, placed there especially for my entertainment.

--chop, chop! and good night! Now how shall I repackage them for my dad, it will definitely have to include ducktape. Dad and ducktape go way back. Last year for Christmas I bought him a roll 12 inches across. He brought it right over to the neighbors and told them to eat their hearts out he got the king of the tape!

No comments: