CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Church Nursery Crier

Ah, back to my pre-mommy days when in my heart while working in the nursery I said to myself, "At least my kid will not be a crier when I check him into nursery..." Ah the foolish things we say to ourselves. Yes, indeed, my son is the crier. Each Sunday he lets us know that he is still not thankful to be going into nursery. I am thankful for the joyful FaithBuilder group who lovingly care for him each week.

I am reading The Faithful Parent by Martha Peace and Stuart Scott. A quote I can feel the pain of right now... "Our children are often one of the main means that God uses to show us our sin and mold us more and more into his likeness." pg 6&7

"We know [when we are being faithful] it when we are seeking to live habitually according to God's Word." pg6

Another great aspect of this book is that it continually repeats the previous points in the chapter then gives out the next one. For a slow learning mommy brain like mine, who can scarcely remember her name, this is a great aspect for reminding me what I was just supposed to have noticed while I was reading. It also summarizes the main points in a "concluding" paragraph. It also uses Bold Titles for paragraphs which I also find fabulous, as you never know when you need to put the book down and save your little climbers life and limb.

This week I got a new pair of shoes called the Shapers by Sketchers. They are like walking in soft sand, and from the two walks I have taken I am feeling the burn. I also climbed the mountain at Culver City Park...a little stretch for the title mountain but needless to say I could feel the burn!

I also had to get my third tube for my bob stroller thanks to an amazing creation with tons of names but I am going with goathead thorn or devil pricker. The amazing little spine punctures a tire with almost no effort and then happily clicks each time the wheel makes a revolution to let you know you are in serious trouble. The little hole leaks air quickly and efficiently.

Deanna is coming soon and we are absolutely delighted to have her finally visit us. We have been waiting for almost 2 years for her arrival. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Monique Rios said...

I began to read The Faithful Parent last night and it has already had impact on my heart, I'm reading this in anticipation to finish it quickly!