CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Draino works

Well it is always challenging when you have a guest and your sink decides to clog up. Ronnie came for a visit and all teeth brushing had to be moved to the kitchen. You know how many times I have run water in that sink even though I know it is clogged? It is so automatic, I just do it without thinking. Always my fathers child, I decided to unscrew the pipes in the bathroom. This time I was prepared with a bucket to catch the draining water. Yes, that means that last time I did forget about this small detail. Still didn't win, instead of draining nicely, it sprayed out all over. Sadly, I could unscrew only one side of the S trap, drats. So after borrowing a wretch I screwed it back together and belatedly remembered to try the Draino I had been "saving", as only a teacher could save.

Guess what? It really worked this time! That is it, I am going to become a plumber.

I recently asked my friend John, who is a union plumber about the whole plumber pants thing. He confidencially shared a trade secret. When you join the union, you are issued a special pair of swoop backed union plumber pants. That is why plumbers can be so uniform in this little crack problem. It is a real issue of pride for card carrying plumbers. Wear 'em, Share 'em. That is the theme.

More funny is the person who has invented a belt to help people who suffer from pants that slip. The inventor must not realize this is intentional for our plumber friends. If you suffer from buying pants that fit in the hips and thighs but not the waist this product, "Isabelt" might be for you. http://www.isabelt.com/

Ok, I must be taking this a bit far, but in Florida an Amendment was proposed to ban loose fitting pants, the exception was made for plumbing students however. The Amendment was withdrawn. You read about it, http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/03/12/Amendment_would_have_saved_plumber_pants/UPI-76031205360072/

You may enjoy this story of a woman who tried to pull off the plumber pants number without being a plumber. It just doesn't work. http://www.jackiepapandrew.com/plumberspants.html

Ok, enough of this nonsence. Just wear pants that fit and enjoy your day.

2 comments:

Amrena Skye said...

I am impressed, MacGyver (sp.)!!!!

The Steinmeyer Family said...

Thank you for your comment! How are you feeling?