CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Christine's Bridal Shower

I am giving Christine points for being the most effecient bridal shower gift opener ever. She was great! I was so impressed with her speed and gracious acceptance of all kinds of neat gifts. I love Bed Bath and Beyond. What a fun place. I personally did not care for everyone staring at me as I opened all those things at my shower.

We got her an icecream machine, and someone else got her sprinkles, and dessert cups that will compliment that nicely.

They arranged tons of bridal games of which I have never been fond, but many people are enamored of them. The MC also gave out plenty of prizes. They had a book to write advice for the bride and also a place to submit recipes. I wish the recipe card might have been a bit larger since I felt obligated to submit a simple recipe with few ingredients, but one that Steve and I both like. Baked Tofu cubes!

I didn't hear the story of their initial meeting or engagement but perhaps soon. They also had teams design "bridal dresses" out of toilet paper and Christine selected the one she liked the best. Our team did not win, but it was fun to see people's creativity!

I also got to meet Gwen's grandson. He is a precious little 3 month old fella with charming dimples and an interesting eye color, perhaps Hazel, a blueish, grayish, greenish color. Gwen says that he has Glenn's coloring.

One of the neatest gifts, I say, in my humble opinion was a picture frame from Christine's aunt. The picture on the left side was Glenn and Gwen's wedding picture and then on the right was Christine's parents wedding picture. Christine thought it was a joke that her aunt had played on her, until her aunt reminded her that the other picture was Glenn and Gwen. Then she really looked at it. Her wedding pic is supposed to go into the middle spot. I believe she really appreciated it! We passed it around. I was so surprised that Gwen and Adrienne look so much a like. It is a startling resemblance.

No comments: