CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010, the stuff of sci fi

Yep, did you think 2010 would ever come? I remember in highschool when 2010 sounds centuries away, and I wondered what I would be doing or if I would even be here to see it. I've been reflecting on what my life has brought and I am thankful for the place God has given me.

I have a great family. My hubby and precious baby are a daily delight.Baby Tao's name means "Gift of God." and he has lived up to it.

I have a serious church pursuing after holiness. My extended family if really fun and encouraging. My hubby's family has been good to get to know. I am learning new things like what Chinese people eat daily, hearing a new language, experiencing fun shopping expeditions, and dreaming of what 20 more years will bring. Do you even imagine Baby Tao will be in college and possibly his brothers or sisters? We may move to a new location or two. We could travel to other countries, participate in missions. Family may have kids, travel, or even pass away.

This reminds me to cherish, cherish, cherish today and this moment. I will never have it again. I fondly remember my college friend Stephanie. We were having a moment of laughing with tears rolling down our eyes in delight and she made us all stop and remember that moment. I will never forget it and furthermore, I often stop in the midst of a delightful moment and try to memorize how I feel, who I am with and what we are doing. I have enjoyed life richly.Baby Tao is playing with his first ornament.

I know this will sound like a bad joke, but how many degrees does it take to assemble a high chair? One phd, one ma, one bs, one ms... Or how many chinese does it take to assemble a made in china highchair?

No comments: