CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2008

How a husband can earn big points...

Yesterday I was shopping at one of my least favorite stores. Yep, costco. Why do I dislike it? Too many people, too big of carts, to big of sizes, too large prices, too few parking spots...need I go on?

Yesterday I was pushing my mongo cart and was trying to get in a place out of the way of the hurrying masses. Well as I was trapped in a corner I just stopped to watch and listen to the passing people. One older lady, with hubby in tow, stopped to admire a reduced, 5 teacup set of Royal Alberts. Each delicate cup and saucer were a different pattern, gold rimmed and flowers. They were packaged in a lovely satin lined round box. It resembled a shallow hat box.

The woman commented about how lovely each pattern was, she ended her monologue with, "but what would I do with them?"


Super husband replied without missing a beat, "You could put them in your china hutch, and use them when you had ladies over for tea. They would look beautiful." They continued walking with their huge empty card.

Wow, that is some amazing training. I had to teach my man that when I comment on lovely things that I am just admiring them, I am not begging to bring them home. But this man knew enough that he could envision them at home, in the china hutch, and even how they could be used, and even that was not a threat. Not a threat to his manliness, his wallet, or his wife. Wow, what a great shopping companion.




How do you train for that?

No comments: