CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 1, 2008

Sisters

"And Lord help the mister, who comes between me and my sister..."

Over the week spent in Phoenix with my sisters Keni and Cathy we had such fun times. I laughed so hard I was sobbing.

We played games, like Phase 10, Pit, and Fart. We played by Grandma's rules which means you can change them, or add them as you go. We told stories, like Cathy's old boyfriends and Keni falling down the chimney. We cooked traditional recipes and new, Keni did most of the work. I made Gwen's sweet potato recipe and applesauce. I tried Grandma Wanda's Chocolate pie, but dad would have called it spoon fudge. Sorry Grandma, you always make it look so easy. I also made cinnamon rolls for the morning of Thanksgiving, but I did not use mom's recipe. Hers is too hard. I used the bread machine. I think they were pretty good.

Kendra invited Bill, a fellow nursing student, over for Thanksgiving dinner. He brought pictures and a projector to show fellow nursing students. Usually Keni was sleeping =0) or not looking too good.

Everyone except me and BT got up at 3 am on Black Friday to go shopping at Fry's electrical store. No luck getting the things they really wanted. The successful people had been there by 10pm the previous night. But my nephew Cameron made $20 on helping a lady purchase her things. Steve said he just loved watching all the people scurry around buying, buying, buying.
He didn't get anything.

Cameron came from El Centro and brounght a fellow navy guy, Cody. We had fun teasing them. He finally loosed up to tease us back.

2 comments:

Amrena Skye said...

A game called Fart???

Anonymous said...

Hope you all are doing great! Those left in the Artic (aka Michigan) miss you lots! We love you! - Stacie