CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Trip back to California, Crater Lake

Crater Lake is surreal. I mean it looks so perfect that it must be a painted backdrop. According to the Park brochure, the lake is so pure that fish cannot survive in the lake. "At its deepest, the lake's floor plunges 1,932 feet below the surface, making it the deepest lake in the US. Because no water flows through the lake, the lake remains pure and tranquil."
Trip back was gorgeous. We stopped to see a lovely falls in a National Forrest I can't spell or pronounce but I did get some pretty cool river rocks and pics. I collect river rocks, and I collected some nifty pumice, basalt, and scoria. Also saw Mt. Shasta from a distance - the highest point in the state of California. By the way, northern (I mean real north) California is beautiful.

No comments: