CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cheffing it up

I have been in that nesting mode with cooking.

Yesterday I made wheat rolls called "Grandma's refridgerator rolls", thanks Pam and pulled pork, thanks mom. The pork was super delish. I cooked it 9 hours overnight and then again 5 hours with the BBQ sause.

I even made my own slaw to top with the pork. My neighbor Cynthia came over and helped me make a salsa with fresh everything. I really liked it. It had Kosher Black beans, corn, cilantro, red onion, red, orange, green, and yellow sweet peppers, salt and pepper, and balsalmic. It was really lovely to look at with all the fun colors.

Today I attempted Lion's Head meatballs. It was a little Thai in flavor with coconut and curry sauce. I was ok with the flavor, my preference being for the beef, Steve really liked the pork ones. I think I can stand some improvement. The recipe came from "Eating Well".

No comments: