CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Women Walking Wisely


Wow, what an evening. I am rejoicing today and last evening for the wonderful initial meeting we had with the new year of studying Respectable Sins. We had a great table of women willing to share and learn from each other. My heart is overflowing with gratitude for ways God blessed us. Terry and I were able to work in tennis fashion to keep the conversation moving and hopefully avail all the ladies to be able to share and grow and learn. We provided notebook for the ladies to work with with colorful dividers and a journaling page. This was great. We were able to write out our plan and almost get through all of it.

One of my favorite moments goes back to my teacher days. We call it the "Ah-ha" moment. It is when one of your student "gets it". He/she understands something, in fact, if it is a really good one, they will say "Ah!" or "Oh!"in a breathy wondering way that indicates his/her delight in learning. This is why teachers teach. It is worth all the difficulty teachers endure in a job for this moment. It affirms why we work so hard to convey truth in many ways, to many types of learners and if all the eyes stay dull, we rethink what we have tried to teach until we get some person to indicate some level of understanding. "If a students hasn't learned, a teachers hasn't taught." Last night, I got an "Ah!". I was so happy because I was actually sharing my own tidbit that God had reminded me of that I had forgotten. I was affirmed that it was valuable when it clicked in anothers mind and had the same impact. YES! See, once a teacher, you die a teacher.


Terry has asked those able to meet at 5:30 next month to come to decorate our notebooks and get to know each other. I feel so honored to be a part of this study and growth opportunity. Terry is a great lady for me to get to know and grow from.

1 comment:

Amrena Skye said...

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it. Too long of a car ride in traffic by myself with Sosi (Paul had a commitment that night). I did the reading and was encouraged as well. Hopefully I will get to go next time : )