CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ernie, what a blessing

Ernie, prepped for surgery at 6:30 am.

Today Steve and I went to wait at the hospital with Fernando's family for Ernie to come out of surgery. I have to say that the peace and calmness of Ernie was a great testimony to his brother and cousin. Shorty, Ernie's cousin, commented that it was good that Ernie was a Christian because of that peace in facing death. He was ready to go either way. Shorty is not a believer himself. But he could see God working in his life.

I have to say, that as always I greatly enjoyed the fellowship with Monique and Fernando. It was a blessing to spend so much time with them, they were confidently trusting God to work His Sovereign plan.

Around 3:30 we were finally able to hear from the doctor and recovery nurse. Ernie did well. We got to see him. He was unconscious with tubes and machines everywhere. In a way, it was like seeing a dead man. Except a machine was making his chest rise and fall and a monitor was telling us his heart rate was 89. At that moment I recognized God's Grace. Except for this being God's plan Ernie could so easily be with our Holy God right now. Thank you, God that you have kept Ernie here for us and Your glory for a while longer.

I am thankful I could be there for a while with the family.

No comments: