CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ladies Tea and Devonshire Cream

Saturday, September 6 was the kickoff annual ladies tea for Women Walking Wisely. Jenny was my co-host. She has a knack for creatively making things pretty. I was so thankful for her help as that gene seems to have escaped me. She is a great hostess.

Laura Brown, Head of Women's ministry spoke to us about the importance of Worship and the comforts we have from knowing some of God's attributes. We can trust God's wisdom to guide us thru his Word. His Sovereignty rules the universe. He has us in his hands, and no man can pluck us out.


Sue made the mediterrain themed food. Steve and Karine spent a lot of time helping. They did a great job. I was given the job of making the devonshire cream. My first time to attempt this was for 150 ladies. The recipe is simple. Whip up the heavy cream then add cream cheese, vanilla and pd. sugar. Any dummy can do that, right. My fist problem was trying to mix it all up at one time. When I turned on the gigantic mixer it protested by spewing a large glob of cream at me and the floor. After cleaning up that mess, I then proceeded to make butter or cottage cheese. So this year the devonshire cream was definitely not fluffy like whipcream, but more like snotty cheese. I will do better next year, I promise. Sue might not let me have that job. Bev and I really laughed cause Sue tried to get her to whip it more to add fluff, but it just got more cottage cheese like. Good try Bev. Sue told me to add more sugar if we could not get the texture correct. So people still liked it...Sugar makes everything better. And that is something I have believed for a long time. =0)

Pauline decorated with a lovely collection of fruits and vegetables. She has a lovely assortment of dishes. She said she stores them in clear tubs with lists of what is inside lined up in the garage.

No comments: